Buller McLeod are experienced Australian Will lawyers who can advise on and prepare a comprehensive legally valid Will for you at a reasonable cost.
There is no one answer about how to do your Will. It all depends on your assets, your circumstances and who your beneficiaries will be.
You need to make a will that makes your wishes clear, gives you and your loved ones peace of mind and is legally valid and binding. Doing this will protect your family and friends from costly and stressful legal disputes.
We try to keep the cost of Wills down for our clients. To do this we offer clients who come to us through our website several special offers that cover the most commonly occuring types of Wills.
All of our Wills have the following features:
- they are valid in all States and Territories of Australia, regardless of where they are executed (signed), even if that’s overseas, so long as it is executed correctly- so whether you’re in Sydney, Alice Springs, Riyadh or London your Will is guaranteed by us to cover all your property in Australia and to be valid under Australian law.
- each Will is prepared by a qualified lawyer with years of experience, not by some online Will robot.
- If, from the information provided, it appears to the lawyer that the standard Will type requested is not suitable for your needs they will tell you so, and provide legal advice at no extra charge as to what sort of Will may be more appropriate for you.
If you would like to order one of our standard Wills as described below, ask any questions about them or want a Will that doesn’t fit any of the standard Will descriptions, please email our partner Peter McLeod direct by CLICKING HERE .We will reply to you answering your question, or requesting any extra information we need to advise you further or complete your Will. Once the type of Will needed has been established, and payment recieved, a lawyer will then review the information provided and prepare the Will. When the Will is ready we will email a draft of the Will to you to review and confirm. Once the Will has been confirmed we can either post or email it to you for signing together with detailed instructions for the correct procedure to follow to ensure it is valdily executed.
We take the time and care to make sure your Will is right for you – but we always aim to have your Will finalised and ready to sign within 7 to 10 days of being provided with all the information we need to do the job right.
OUR WILLS SPECIAL OFFERS
(all prices include 10% GST)
The Standard Family Will – $300.00 for one or $500.00 for a couple
We find that clients who are married or in a domestic relationship and have children who are all from that relationship often want the same type of Will. We call these “standard Family Wills” . Our standard Family Will has the following features:
- the maker of the Will appoints their spouse or domestic partner to be the Executor of the Will and leaves all their estate to them provided their spouse or domestic partner survives them;
- if their spouse or domestic partner does not survive them then they appoint someone else to be the Executor/s and Trustee/s and create a Testamentary Trust whereby they leave their estate equally amongst those of their children who survive them and reach a minimum qualifying age (i.e. 18, 21 or 25 years);
- if any of their children should predecease the Will maker or not live to reach their qualifying age, but those children have children of their own (i.e. the Will maker’s grandchildren) then the Will maker leaves the share that their deceased child would have recieved to those grandchildren, provided they reach the minimum qualfying age (i.e. 18, 21 or 25 years);
- it contains thorough and detailed powers to the Trustees to enable them to properly and effectively administer the estate and any Testamentary Trust created by the Will.
If you would like to enquire about or order our Standard Family Will please CLICK HERE.
The Standard Blended Family Will – $350.00 for one or $600.00 for a couple
This is a variation of the above standard Family Will described above but meant for couples who each have children from previous relationships. The main difference to a standard Family Will is that each person’s estate is divided in half, between the respective children and step-children of each of them, and each half share is then held by the Trustee/s under a Testamentary Trust for those child beneficiaries until they each reach a minimum qualifying age.
It also contains a clause whereby each Will maker promises the other that they will not change their Will after the other of them dies, in order to try to provide protection for step children against this occuring. This type of Will needs to be entered into by both parties to the relationship at the same time to be effective.
The Life Tenancy Blended Family Will – $400.00 for one or $700.00 for a couple.
This is a different type of blended family Will for a situation where the Will maker is the sole owner of a house, has children from a previous relationship and wants to make sure that their children eventually inherit the house, but at the same time wants to make sure that their partner has a roof over their head for the rest of their life, and therefore gives them the right to live in the property for life. After their spouse/partner has passed on the house reverts to the “residuary estate” to be shared amongst the Will maker’s children, or grandchildren if their parent is also deceased.
If you would like to enquire about or order our Life Tenancy Blended Family Will please CLICK HERE.
If the standard Wills described above do not fit your requirements feel free to send Peter an email outlining your situation and needs by CLICKING HERE, and he will give you a personalised quote on the cost of preparing a Will customised to your needs. All communications with us are strictly confidential and protected by legal professional privilege.
We can help
We know the potential pitfalls, and will ask you all the right questions to make sure that you have considered every possibility. We can design your Will to try to help protect your family from expensive estate litigation after your death and we can safely store your Will in our deeds room at no extra charge.