Buller McLeod Lawyers can provide Victorian Court lawyers to represent you in the Supreme Court, County Court, Magistrates Court, Family Court, Federal Circuit Court, VCAT & all other Victorian Courts and Tribunals and assist with the following matters:
- Intervention Orders
- Drink driving offences (for low, medium and high-range offences)
- Issues relating to the Motor Accidents Authority
- Civil matters
- Criminal / summary prosecutions
- Committal hearings
- Childrens Court prosecutions
- Family Court and Federal Circuit Court family law matters
- Coronial inquests / inquiries
- Licensing matters
We are happy to discuss our fees and our flexible payment plans with you. We understand that legal costs can cause a lot of additional stress for clients who are already in a very stressful situation when faced with criminal charges. In an effort to address this, and provide certainty to clients about how much their case will cost them we have a policy of agreeing to represent clients charged with certain types of offences which are to be heard at certain Victorian Courts for a fixed price all inclusive fee of $990.00 including GST. This special offer applies to the following types of cases only:
- where the client is pleading “Guilty” to the charge/s;
- for appearances at either Broadmeadows Magistrates Court or Sunshine Magistrates Court only. Fixed fees may be avilable for other Magistrates Courts but the amounts vary depending on the location of the Court; feel free to phone or email us for a quote on fixed fee appearances at other Magistrates Courts in Victoria ;
- covers one conference in the office with our Victorian Court lawyer, all telephone or email communications, all necessary letters and one appearance by a Victorian Court lawyer at one of the above Victorian Courts to conduct a Summary Case Conference with a Police Prosecutor and to appear before a Magistrate for the Guilty plea hearing of the charge/s in an effort to mitigate the penalty imposed by the Court.
- all fees must be paid in advance and before the Court hearing date. If not paid we will immediately cease work on the client’s case and will not attend Court.
- does not include any third party “out of pocket” expenses such as doctor’s or psychologist’s report preparation fees – these are the responsibility of the client to pay direct to the report provider.
If additional attendances at Court by a Victorian Court lawyer are required after the first Court date (such as, for example, if the matter is adjourned to a Contest Mention or to enable the Defence to obtain character references or medical reports before the plea hearing proceeds) then an additional fixed fee of $660.00 including GST for each subsequent Court hearing.
Please note that the above rates do not apply if an Accused wishes to plead “Not Guilty” and the matter proceeds to a fully contested hearing at Court. The legal costs of these types of cases is generally higher than the above rates (due to the extra work and time involved) and would need to be quoted on an individual “case by case” basis”.
Contact us for more information or to arrange a consultation with a Victorian Court lawyer.