Buller McLeod as Victorian Probate Lawyers understand that dealing with a deceased estate is one of the more difficult challenges in life. From mountains of paper work to legal jargon and simmering family disputes, they’re the last things you want to deal with when you’re grieving over the loss of someone important in your life.
Both of our partners, Peter Buller and Peter McLeod, have over 30 years experience in Probate and Deceased Estate matters practising as Victorian Probate Lawyers. We can provide full legal services in the following aspects of the administration of deceased estates:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of the law & advising accordingly
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights
- Informing government bodies including Centrelink and Veterans Affairs
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Applying for Letters of Administration (if there is no Will or it is deemed invalid)
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities
- Obtaining valuations of estate property
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts
- Selling or transferring estate property including estate auctions
- applying to the Registrar of Titles to have any Certificates of title of real estate in the name of the deceased put into the names of the Legal Personal Representatives of the deceased estate or the surviving proprietor
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses
- Advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts
- Administering trust funds
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries
- Organising information for estate tax returns
- Family mediation and negotiation
- Contesting wills and defending estate litigation in the Supreme Court or County Court.
Our Fixed Price Probate Special Offer
Often however clients do not require all of our full services, such as those listed above, to administer the deceased’s estate. In these cases we can offer our “fixed price Probate” service in which we prepare and file with the Court all the legal documents to apply for a Grant of Probate of the Will or, if there is no Will, a Grant of Letters of Administration but the actual “calling in”, payment of estate debts and general administration & distribution of estate assets is left up to the Trustees to do themselves.
Our “fixed price Probate service” locks in the lawyer’s fees for obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration for the sum of $900.00 plus GST for all “Probate” legal work required to obtain a Grant. There are also separate out of pocket expenses payable such as the cost of advertising the Executor’s intention to apply for a Grant ($45.50 as at 1/7/17), the Court’s Probate filing fee ($320.00 as at 1/7/17) and our lodging agents fee ($143.00 as at 1/7/17). Please note that as each State has different laws governing applications for Probate we can only offer this service where a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration is required in Victoria. If you would like to know more about our “fixed price Probate service” please contact our Mr. McLeod on (03) 9306 4000 or send us an email.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment with one of our Victorian Probate Lawyers.