Buller McLeod are Victorian Traffic Lawyers who have been been fighting on behalf of people charged with traffic offences for many years. Whether you’ve been caught drink driving, driving on a suspended or disqualified licence, or been charged with careless or dangerous driving we can help. If you need a work licence or hardship licence our expert Victorian traffic lawyer Peter McLeod will help give you the best chance. Peter can advise you in regard to charges such as:
- Drink Driving Offences,
- Careless Driving
- Hoon offences
- Dangerous driving: dangerous driving occasioning death, dangerous driving occasioning serious bodily harm, manner dangerous driving & speed dangerous driving
- Drug driving and reckless driving
We can also help with:
- Interlock driving program for habitual drink driving offenders
- Licence loss: licence disqualification, licence appeals, work licences, driving while disqualified, license suspensions for unpaid fines, restricted licenses.
We are happy to discuss our fees and our flexible payment plans with you. We understand that legal costs can cause a lot of additional stress for clients who are already in a very stressful situation when faced with criminal charges. In an effort to address this, and provide certainty to clients about how much their case will cost them we have a policy of agreeing to represent clients charged with certain types of offences which are to be heard at certain Courts for a fixed price all inclusive fee of $990.00 including GST. This special offer applies to the following types of cases only:
- where the client is pleading “Guilty” to the charge/s;
- for appearances at either Broadmeadows Magistrates Court or Sunshine Magistrates Court only. Fixed fees may be avilable for other Magistrates Courts but the amounts vary depending on the location of the Court; feel free to phone or email us for a quote on fixed fee appearances at other Magistrates Courts in Victoria ;
- covers one conference in the office with one of our lawyers, all telephone or email communications, all necessary letters and one appearance by a Victorian traffic lawyer at one of the above Courts to conduct a Summary Case Conference with a Police Prosecutor and to appear before a Magistrate for the Guilty plea hearing of the charge/s in an effort to mitigate the penalty imposed by the Court.
- all fees must be paid in advance and before the Court hearing date. If not paid we will immediately cease work on the client’s case and will not attend Court.
- does not include any third party “out of pocket” expenses such as doctor’s or psychologist’s report preparation fees – these are the responsibility of the client to pay direct to the report provider.
If additional attendances at Court by a Victorian traffic lawyer are required after the first Court date (such as, for example, if the matter is adjourned to a Contest Mention or to enable the Defence to obtain character references or medical reports before the plea hearing proceeds) then an additional fixed fee of $660.00 including GST for each subsequent Court hearing.
Please note that the above rates do not apply if an Accused wishes to plead “Not Guilty” and the matter proceeds to a fully contested hearing at Court. The legal costs of these types of cases is generally higher than the above rates (due to the extra work and time involved) and would need to be quoted on an individual “case by case” basis”.
We understand how important your licence is to your job, your family and your freedom. We will examine your case, help prepare you for your Court appearance and argue strongly on your behalf. We know driving and traffic law and how to get the best result possible for you.
Contact us for more information or to arrange a consultation with a Glenroy Traffic Lawyer.